Sunday 8 November 2009

Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Gamecube)















Captivating from start to finish The Wind Waker is everything I had wanted Ocarina Of Time to be when it was first released. It’s gorgeous graphics and artwork create a world that feels like a natural progression to A Link To The Past (my favourite Zelda and the first real story based game I fell in love with)
















It is a known fact amongst my peers that I a have certain dislike for the 3d Zelda games but yet adore the 2d titles. It is only now (late 2009) that I’ve actually fully played through The Wind Waker rather than just the first few hours that I realise what a elitist fool I’ve been!
















The great thing about this change of heart on my part is now I realise have a catalogue of 3d Zelda games to play through that I have never finished, all of which are considered classics. Maybe it’s finally time to give Ocarina Of Time the second chance it deserves.....…..watch this space

3 comments:

  1. After reading your post on Facebook about Wind Waker I put it back on just to remind myself of how it played. And boy did it not disappoint. EVERYTHING about it is pure gaming joy from start to finish. The graphics still amaze me even now. I hated the criticism it received for its cel-shaded look; how it was lambasted for looking "like a kid's game" (which to be fair, is a remark that Nintendo generally has to deal with every day unfortunately - and most likely led to the more 'adult' looking Twilight Princess). I would be more than happy with another 3D zelda like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally mate. Haha Nintendo always get the "for kids" tag, i've had to put up with it at various places i've worked over the years when i talk about what i've been playing, fools that don't realise that the Nintendo core "childish" looking games - Mario and Zelda are in fact are much much harder games to complete than their beloved fps games or gears of bore!
    Nintendo have had the last laugh though, i love the way people slate the Cube as a nothing console that was bottom of a 3 console rave without realising how cheap it was to produce for Nintendo, they didn't do too bad out of it really

    ReplyDelete